Do you love your Ninja Blender? I know I love mine! One of the best things about them is that it’s easy to learn how to use a Ninja Blender to craft creative, healthy foods. But as easy and convenient as these little blenders are, you can still run into problems. It’s important to learn how to use a Nina Blender correctly, and to troubleshoot problems. Like what do you do when your Ninja Blender won’t turn on? It’s frustrating and annoying and can be a real hassle when you’re on the go. This simple troubleshooting guide should get your blender blending again in no time.
What to Do if Your Ninja Blender Won’t Turn On
What do you do if you’ve gotten all of your ingredients together, but your blender just won’t turn on? Follow this guide!
- Check the power source. If your blender is showing no indication of power at all (no light, etc.), the problem may be the power outlet you’re using. First, try unplugging the blender and trying another appliance on the outlet to see if there is power to the outlet. If not, try resetting the outlet by using a reset button (if there is one), or by resetting the breaker in your circuit breaker box.
- If there is power to the outlet, make sure that the blender is properly assembled. Did you put it together in the right order? It should go pitcher, then gasket, then blades. Finally, attach the cap according to your user manual.
- In addition to putting the parts in the correct order, make sure that they are properly and fully attached. I.e, the pitcher should be locked in place and the arrow on the lid should line up with the power arrow.
- Is the blender warm to the touch? If so, the thermal switch which prevents overheating may have been flipped. Unplug the blender and wait fifteen to twenty minutes before trying again.
- Is the blender overfilled? Overfilling the blender can prevent the motor from functioning properly. Try removing some of the contents of the Ninja Blender pitcher and trying again.
- Is there food or residue inside the blender base? Unplug the blender and remove the screws that hold the base together. Carefully clean any residue you see, gently, without harsh cleaning products. If you are not comfortable with doing this repair/trouble-shooting step, contact Ninja customer service for further instructions.
You can see some of these techniques in online instructional videos, as well.
This video demonstrates some of the common issues associated with the power button on a Ninja Blender blinking, while the motor won’t power on. The narrator shows both the incorrect and correct states and how they affect the blender’s function.
If you are still experiencing issues with the blender’s power source not engaging or the motor not starting, use the contact information in your user manual to contact customer service for Ninja. They will be able to offer replacement or repair services.
How to Use a Ninja Blender
There’s so much you can do with a Ninja Blender! In order to get the best value and performance, however, it’s critical that you use it correctly.
- Always remove any utensils or other non-food items prior to running your blender. If you need to use a utensil such as a scraper, turn off the blender and unplug it first.
- Never blend hot or even warm liquids! This can cause pressure build up that damages your blender or could even result in personal injury.
- Don’t submerge the base in water; doing so while it is plugged in is an electrocution risk. Even when it’s not plugged it, it will damage your Ninja Blender.
- Always handle the blades very carefully. They’re so good at what they do because they are extremely sharp.
- When you disassemble your Ninja Blender after using it, make sure to turn it off and unplug it from the wall outlet first.
- When unplugging the blender, grasp it by the plug. Do not grab it by the cord to unplug it.
- Do not handle the blender in ways that will damage the cord or plug, such as carrying it by the plug. Never use a Ninja Blender with a damaged cord or plug.
- Always use the blender on a dry surface, and one that is level and stable. Do not let the plug or cord become wet via spills, etc.
- Do not overfill the container of your Ninja Blender—pay attention to the “max fill” line.
- Don’t use the blender on or near hot surfaces, such as a stove top.
- Do not use unapproved accessories—use only accessories created for the Ninja Blender by its manufacturer.
- Never, ever attempt to operate the blender without the lid locked in place.
- Never microwave any part of the blender.
- Disassemble for cleaning. Place blades and other small pieces in the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Allow the Ninja Blender to cool down completely before disassembling.
- Do not place the blades on the base section of the assembly without first seating the pitcher; serious injury could result.
- Make sure that your hands, clothing, hair, etc. are not in the container when the Nina Blender is activated.
Assembling and Using the Blender
- Fully review your user manual, including warnings. If you no longer have a user manual, or did not receive one with your blender, you can search for one online by searching for “user manual” along with the model/series number of your blender. For example, “user manual Ninja Professional Blender BL660 series.”
- Find a clean, dry area to place the base, within reach of a wall outlet. The area should also be level and stable.
- Place the pitcher of the blender on the base, and rotate it to the left, until it locks with the safety tabs securely. The handle should be in either the front right corner or the front left corner when properly locked.
- Pick up the blade assembly by the shaft, and insert it into the pitcher on the visible gear shaft so that it stands up straight. Please note that the blade does not “lock” or fit on tightly. It should be relatively loose, although fully supported in an upright position.
- Fill the pitcher with your desired ingredients. Do not overfill. Use only cold or room temperature ingredients. If using ice, the ice should NOT be partially melted.
- Plug the cord in. Depress the recommended buttons for your blender recipe.
This official video from the Ninja Blender manufacturer shows how to properly assemble the parts of your Ninja blender, including the pitcher, blades, and lid.
A Ninja Blender is a great investment for your kitchen, so it’s in your best interest to keep it in tip top shape! You can also troubleshoot small problems yourself, such as when your blender doesn’t turn on. Please don’t hesitate to leave comments, questions, or constructive criticism below!
Remember, if your blender is having a problem:
- Check the power outlet.
- Make sure each component of your blender is properly assembled and locked into a safe position.
- Be sure to let your blender cool down between uses.